What is the UGA Food Pantry?
In 2011, UGA Students recognized a need on campus and decided to address the troubling situation of student hunger. We serve an average of 100 students per day and no one is ever asked to provide proof of need. The pantry also strives to provide information about other resources offered on campus and in the community.
What does the UGA Food Pantry provide?
The Pantry provides a variety of non-perishable items such as canned soup, vegetables, breakfast items, pasta + sauces, canned meat, and snacks. We recently acquired a refrigerator that allows us to provide items like cheese, yogurt, and vegetables. Visitors simply need to complete a brief, confidential form before picking up food.
Where is the UGA Food Pantry located?
We are located on the first floor of the Tate Student Center in room 146, behind the staircase. If you need to visit the Pantry outside of regular operating hours, please call us or visit a staff member across from the Pantry in the Greek Life Office.
When is the UGA Food Pantry open?
We are open Monday through Friday, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Donate to the UGA Food Pantry
What We Need
Our goal is to provide nutritious foods that can go towards creating healthy meals. We would appreciate a variety of items such as:
• rice, pasta, beans
• Canned tuna/chicken
• cereals, trail mixes, crackers
• fruit juices/cups
• yogurt, cheese sticks
• pre-packaged vegetables/fruits
We truly appreciate any monetary donations. You can make a check out to "UGA Foundation" and include "Acct. 9165700-food pantry" in the memo field. Please mail to the following address:
UGA Student Food Pantry
153 Tate Student Center
Athens, GA 30602
Donate online here: https://goo.gl/YNejWK and in the Special Instructions/Comments field please put "9167500 Food Pantry."
In the News
• Georgia Public Broadcasting: Grant Brings Fresh Produce To UGA Student Pantry
• Albany Herald: UGArden Provides Fresh Produce to Students
• UGA Today: UGArden grant extends outreach to UGA food pantry
• Red&Black: Pantry Expands Hours to Serve Students
• USA Today: More Students Are Fighting Food Insecurity
• Online Athens: Student Group Opens Food Pantry at UGA
• Her Campus: Students Helping Students
• MyAJC: Food Banks on Rise at College Campuses
• Athens Patch: UGA Pantry Filling Needs and Stomachs
• GPB News: UGA Students Open Food Pantry
146 Tate Student Center
Athens, GA 30602
Monday - Friday
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
The Let All the Big Dawgs Eat Food Scholarship was created in an effort to support our students’ nutritional needs. Students with a demonstrated financial need can apply to receive a meal plan scholarship. Click here for more information.
Financial Hardship Resources
Financial circumstances can change quickly, at times in ways outside your control. We understand financial hardship can bring significant stress and impact your ability to succeed and flourish at UGA. Click here to learn how UGA can help.