National Founding: April 22, 1848
Local Founding: January 6, 1871
PHI GAMMA DELTA was founded at Jefferson College in 1848. Our Kappa Deuteron Chapter was founded here at the University of Georgia in 1871, and is the fifth oldest fraternity on campus. Since our founding on this campus, we have been awarded the Cheney Efficiency Cup, given to the most outstanding FIJI chapter, an unprecedented thirteen times, including four consecutive wins, and our last win coming in 2012. Aside from our national recognition, our brothers also excel at the University. One area our brothers have always excelled is academics, as our chapter frequently ranks among the best on campus. Our national fraternity awards a $250 scholarship to every pledge who makes a 3.0 GPA or higher during their pledge semester. In addition to our awards and recognition, the brothers of Kappa Deuteron also enjoy a strong social calendar complete with numerous band parties, socials, date nights, and a winter and spring formal. By stressing campus involvement, our brothers have become leaders in such student activities as the Interfraternity Council, the Student Government Association, Gridiron, UGA Miracle, Relay for Life, the Dean William Tate Honor Society, the Arch Society, and numerous other clubs and organizations. But most important at Phi Gamma Delta is our belief in our brotherhood and being a true gentleman on this campus.
153 Tate Student Center
University of Georgia
Athens, GA 30602
Director of Greek Life
Assistant Director and IFC Advisor